Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Number Rhymes

I have taught the children some rhymes to help them remember the numbers...

Around a tree and around a tree
That's how you make a three.

Well, E is allowed to get up from nap at three o'clock. I have showed her the three on the clock and written a "3" next to the clock and reinforced many times that she may get up at three.

One day she was struggling to take a nap. I was called for many different reasons to go to her room. At one point, E actually came out of her room and declared it was three o'clock and that she could get up. Unfortunately she was mistaken and it was only two.

That evening as she told Papi about her day, she explained her naptime troubles this way...

"Around a tree and around a tree
That's how you get up."

Yes, honey, but it must actually be a THREE!

No comments: